Recovery remains vital the day after your match, when protein intake should be prioritised. The post exercise anabolic window – when your body is can be up to 24 hours post-match and therefore it is essential that protein intake is consumed every 3-4 hours throughout the day to continue recovery. Carbohydrate should also be consumed as full restoration of your energy stores can take up to 72 hours if your intake is low.
Muffins with toast
½ chopped pepper
3 chopped cherry tomatoes
2 chopped spring onion bulbs
40g chopped spinach
Sprinkle of Himalayan salt.
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 (200°C, 400°F)
2. Add the eggs, spinach, pepper, tomato, spring onion and salt into a bowl and mix.
3. Grease a muffin tin and place the mixture in. Add cheese and then bake for 12-18 minutes.
Chilli & Garlic salmon with sweet potato mash & broccoli
1 salmon fillet
1 garlic clove
1.2 deseeded chilli
1 teaspoon of olive oil
Tablespoon of butter
238g of peeled and chopped sweet potato
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 8 (230°C, 430°F).
2. Place the sweet potato into a pan of boiling water and boil for 20-25 minutes until soft.
3. Rub the chili and garlic onto the salmon and drizzle on the oil.
4. Place into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
5. Add the broccoli into a pan of boiling water and cook for 4-6 minutes.
Beef fajita bowl with quinoa
¼ chopped onion
¼ chopped pepper
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon of paprika
125g cooked quinoa
1. Pre heat a pan on a medium-high heat.
2. Add the steak, pepper, onion and garlic. Sprinkle with paprika.
3. Continue to cook until steak and vegetables are cooked.
4. Serve with quinoa.