Matchday is your last chance to top up your energy stores before kick-off, but you should have done the bulk of your fuelling the day before your game. Breakfast and your pre-match meal should be made up of carbohydrate along with additional protein. Breakfast should be consumed six hours before kick-off, with the pre-match meal being a minimum of three hours prior to ensure it has been digested. Post-match it’s vital to consume carbohydrate immediately to replace the energy you’ve used over 90 minutes. Your muscles will have broken down significantly during a game, so protein intake is also vital. We recommend you consume 20-40g of protein within 30 minutes of full-time and one hour before bed to maximise your recovery.
Chocolate & peanut butter overnight oats
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
90g of yoghurt
½ teaspoon of yoghurt
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
160ml of almond milk
1. Add all ingredients into a blender and blitz.
2. Add to a bowl, cover it and leave it in the fridge overnight.
Chicken stir fry
1 chicken breast
1 garlic clove
45ml black bean sauce
100g ready to wok egg noodles
1. Preheat a wok an add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the garlic onion pepper and beansprouts and cook for a further 4-6 minutes.
3. Add the noodles and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the sauce and mix everything together.
BBQ chicken pizza
1 chicken breast
¼ chopped pepper
¼ chopped onion
2 Tablespoon on rapeseed oil
58g tinned tomatoes
15g BBQ sauce
34g tomato puree 15g cheese
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 7 (220°C, 425°F).
2. Put flour into a bowl and add the yeast, oil, salt and 65ml of warm water. Mix together well to form a dough.
3. Place dough onto a flour service and knead for about 10 mins.
4. Add the chicken in a pan and fry over a medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes. Then add the peppers and onions and continue until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are soft.
5. Add the BBQ sauce and tomato in a bowl with 1tablespoon f water and mix
6. Oil the pizza tray and then shape the dough on the tray. Spread 2/3 of the BBQ sauce mix on the dough and apply the rest to the chicken and vegetables.
7. Place the chicken and vegetables onto the dough. Then add the cheese and put into the oven for12-15 minutes.